Tuesday, July 1

Dillema



Sigh. Chase seems to be nursing more and eating solid foods less. Maybe he's feeling he needs my attention more? Or perhaps he's not wanting the foods I feed him. We've had a restrictive budget lately, so the selection has been unvaried. If he has peanut butter and jelly one day, he will barely eat it, or reject it the next day. Any advice? He feeds so much that his stools are no longer very firm. What can I do to encourage him to eat more? Also, he requests ice cream at every meal. I think he's refusing to eat anything else....

1 comment:

just_me said...

Hmm.. well the loose stools aren't going to hurt him, but I'd see what your comfort level is with all of this. Do you want to keep nursing him or are you trying to wean him right now? I mentioned this to Nicole and she suggested telling him that he can't nurse until AFTER he eats his meal. Using it as a reinforcer could be a temporary fix in all of this. As for the ice cream, maybe stop buying it for a few weeks. Tell him it's all melted or something LOL Or, you can tell him he can only eat the ice cream if he eats the bananas and berries that you mixed in with it. And that it would be after dinner (or lunch or for breaskfast only) and that's that. I think Julius went through an ice cream phase for a couple of weeks when he was two or so. It didn't last long but I did have to be creative with meals LOL GOOD LUCK!!